Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree



I was thinking the other night as I watched Animal running around tripping over his own feet that the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. Even at this young age 14.5 months I can see how my little man is like his mommy. 

Here are the top 5 ways we are not so different...

5. He often has little to no balance. He seems to randomly loose his footing and he just falls over. Usually he just keeps going (like me) but occasionally he's a crybaby (like me). Also he's very lucky. Often he's just centimeters from a sharp corner, centimeters from a real injury. Just like me, he's a lucky that he's got a little angel watching out for him.

4. He talks A LOT.  No, he doesn't have new words. At least not in English, or Spanish, but he's talking in Animal, and he has a lot to say. He loves to talk. To me, daddy, his family, his pets, strangers and especially it seems, himself. I've always had the gift of gab, so I understand his need to chat. I love it! One day when he's stringing words together, I'll miss all his babbling.

3. He's emotional, kind of a drama queen actually. He's happy and smiling most of the time. Then he doesn't like something and he's mad, scowling, crying. Then he's happy again. When he's frustrated you know it, because he cries. I too have been known to let the water works go in moments of extreme frustrations.

2. He's got his own agenda. His own plans and he's not about to let us stop him. No matter what it seems he's set his mind to do, or not do for that matter, what we say, what anyone says, it is not about to stop him. He ignores us. Climbs over us, crawls under us, pulls us, he does his best to accomplish his goals. It is something I too usually have, it has served me well, and I know that it will drive me crazy, but it will be good for Animal too.

1. He's a friendly, outgoing guy. He smiles at people and "talks" to them. He knows how to be charming. I'm glad he's friendly and not afraid of most people. Even though I am sometimes selfishly annoyed that he doesn't care when I leave his side, I'm glad that he doesn't have separation anxiety. I don't know if there is a correlation but I take it as a sign that he is confident in both himself and in the fact that we will come back. Any way I too am friendly, I think being able to relate to others is an important skill and I'm glad he took after me in this area.

Animal looks like his daddy, and I can see that he is A LOT like his father in other ways. So it's nice to see that he's also a little like me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, did I guest post on your blog and forget? You sound like you're describing me and the boy! I'd add three more for us: we're both impatient, and we LOVE animals and singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, maybe because after I hut publish, I thought oh shit I forgot impatient!

      Delete