Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Red Tent

Tonight I went with a friend to The Red Tent, if you have never been to such an event I suggest you Google and see if you are fortunate enough to live near one of these amazing events.

A woman I know, who hosts these transformational events had been inviting me for some time. I don't quite remember what it was that finally made me want to go, but I am forever grateful that I did. I invited a good friend and she too is glad she went, and continues to go whenever possible. In fact anyone who has ever accepted an invite to attend has never regretted coming.

The host closes every event by reading Imagine A Woman if you have never read this poem, click the link, read and then continue reading this post. Go ahead I'll wait....

Ok, isn't that awesome. Some of those things I already do, am. But some of those things I struggle with and some of those things I forget. Red Tent evenings give me a chance to connect with other women but more importantly to myself and to the human experience.

Tonight the topic was Gratitude and if you follow me you know I have spent this month participating in The Insomniacs Dream thankfulness challenge. But it was extra special to share with my good friend that I am grateful for her, and to witness other women's gratitude moments with their good friends, their support systems, and their role models. I have in my own gratitude posts shared some of the people I am grateful for, my hubby, my son, my mom, and the original ladies of Theme Thursdays,  but I realized tonight just how many other people I am grateful for. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life, I bet you are too. This is an especially wonderful time to tell them. I don't mean the holiday season, I mean the present. There is never a better time than the present to tell our loved ones that we love them.

Thank you Red Tent.


No comments:

Post a Comment