Top 10 Things I'm thankful for right now.
10. Vodka Tonics. Oh shit, that's the same thing I was thankful for the last time
first time I linked up. What can I say? Sometimes mommy needs a little something extra to unwind.
9. My Job. Not only do I get to do something I love, in a field I love, but I get paid to do it. Sometimes it's very stressful. Always, I regret not spending the day with Animal, but if it wasn't for my job we honestly couldn't make ends meet. Stability, security, those are important things for a child and thanks to my job I can help provide that for my son. Not to mention feeling appreciated, valued, and getting some adult interaction.
8. My Mom. She watches Animal for me while I am at work. Because she is able to do this for me, I am able to have peace of mind all day. When he was a little baby I trusted her more than myself to provide what he needed. Now that I have grown as a parent, that has changed. What hasn't changed, is my believe that if he can't be with Mom or Dad there's no place better than Grandma's.
7. Costco. How could we afford to keep a well stoked home without it? I'm sure I don't know.
6. My health. The hubby and Animal (mostly the hubby) have been seriously under the weather. I on the other hand have been able to take care of them and myself. Thank you God for my health.
5. Writing. As always, whether I write a lot or a little. Whether it is read by 1 or 10 people, it provides a solace. An outlet. A peace.
4. Running. For the time alone. For the strength. For the self pride. Thank you.
3. Finding time, energy and desire to be intimate with my spouse. It's so easy for me to let this one go. I don't know why. It feels so good to keep it going. Not only physically, but mentally to feel connected and desired. It's a good thing. I don't want to lose. I just saw Hope Springs, I just don't want that to be us. Ever. Unless it's at the end of the movie...
2. Friends. All kinds. Old, new, distant, acquaintances, tweeps, and bloggy friends. They all have something to offer and I have something to give.
1. Animal. Oh, as much as he wears me out. As much as I whine and complain. As much as I joke about turning to alcohol. I wouldn't ever want to be without that cute mischievous grin. Those dimples. That curly hair. Oh how I love that little boy. Thank you Lord for blessing me.