Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 2, 100 mile challenge

I'm doing this thing.

So this is it, week two. Only two to go...

Are you wondering how it went? Well, this week was easier in some ways.

I'm getting used to hearing my alarm ring. Every. Fucking. Morning. For one thing.

It's fun to see the miles add up and to know I'm getting closer and closer to my goal.
I feel healthy and strong. Even a little sexy.

It's also harder in other ways.

Like I get up at 5 am everyday, but my day doesn't slow down in anyway. Even though I have more energy to handle certain things, I also don't have enough time for others.

Like writing.

I used to write at night while hanging out with the hubby. But lately I start getting drowsy at 7:30-8 o clock. No surprise to anyone that knows me, including of course my husband. That means that I have to choose.

Spend time and effort in my marriage or on my hobby. I know a marriage takes work. I love ours. So I choose to put my energy (what little I may have) there.

I also have less time to get myself, or the multitude of stuff that I usually do for me and my family, done in the morning.

Like eating my breakfast vs. wolfing it down.

Putting on make up vs some erase paste under my eyes and maybe some chapstick on my lips.

Packing us all lunches vs. packing them for my boys and I relying on the Think Thin bars I have stached in my classroom cabinet at work.

Or writing at 5 am, in blessed silence. Just me, my thoughts and my laptop

It's only for this one month. So is it worth it?

Today. This morning. It is.
This is what week two looked like.

14 comments:

  1. Ugh. Juggling everything is such a tricky feat. I just had that discussion with my hubby this weekend and we decided to go out for a much needed date night. I know my blogging sometimes gets in the way of "us" time, but then so does his work. He works from home and he's up in his office most nights so we're both typing away. Something's gotta give sometimes and it takes herculean efforts of rescheduling and keeping all the balls in the air. But 5am? Girl...you have my undying admiration right there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for taking some time out for your "us". Isn't it ironic how often that's the ball we drop, when it's such an important one?

      For not strangling me because my alarm rings every morning at 5, the hubby deserves some love n stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. I am always impressed by people who take up running...and working on their marriage;) Good for you. More days than most last year I opted for wolfing granola bars out of my classroom closet before the kids came in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, we (teachers/parents) do what we have to do, to get some form of food into our often empty bellies ;)

      It's well worth the time, in the big picture.

      Delete
  3. You go girl! I am only at 33 miles, life keeps getting in the way. Well, the freaking 90 degree weather isn't helping. But I am so happy you have more motivation and success that I seem to be doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our heat wave ended 7/4, or I may have quit! Right now it's been a very comfortable 50-60 degrees in the am. Don't give up, you can still pull out a great number and be proud of yourself!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I ran a total of 3 miles this weekend and thought I was the bomb, ok maybe not but was pretty happy. However getting up at 5 am to run ever would NEVER happen and running that much. Oye. Kudo's to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx. it took me years to be able to do this. Never say never. oh. except maybe for the 5am part, I just happen to be a morning person ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't bother running (unless someone is chasing me), I want to be ill when I die not healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I want stamina to get through a zombie apocalypse ;)

      Delete
  6. Good for you!! I have never been a runner or a morning person so this whole entire thing amazes me!!! I am struggling to find some time to workout and some kind of workout I might actually enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! finding something you like is the key. Hiking, swimming, cycling, walking, yoga, dance, organized sports. there's something for everybody!

      Delete
  7. Oh, girl, I am RIGHT THERE with you! I get up at 4:30 for a morning job online, then I work/hang with my kiddos the rest of the day, too. I just comfort myself in knowing that most times, I'm thinking up posts in my head as I go throughout my day and that it I can just find an hour or two a week to write, I can make it work. Normally I find a bit more time than that and it all works out. I haven't had time to get back to writing bigger stuff, but that's okay b/c I don't think I've made it much of a priority. I'm having so much fun blogging. Good luck with finding the time and feeling good. I'm with you--I don't want to give ANYTHING up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that's exactly it. I don't want to give ANYTHING up. Being a mom/wife/female is like that I guess.

      Glad you're enjoying blogging, me too. I enjoy doing it and reading funny ass women like you!

      Delete